Quick rant about something I’ve always believed in. I am just lucky because this comes to me naturally, but if you guys can grasp & really internalise this one, I can bet that this tiny little mindset shift can probably have the biggest impact on all aspects of your life. Okay I think I’ve hyped it enough now?
It’s about being a contradiction and pulling from opposite directions.
- Not giving a fuck about what anyone says, but at the same time listening to everything and learning from it
- Absolutely being in love & going bonkers, but at the same time acknowledging that things might not workout and that’s that
- Working out & training like you’re about to fucking fight Godzilla but at the same time knowing that if you had a bad session it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things
- Feeling everything but then feeling absolutely nothing
- Caring enough but then not caring at all
Not only does having this mindset & being a contradiction help in maximising your potential, it also gives you the much needed mental cushion when things fuck up. Because guess what, when all is said and done, most of the stuff that bothers us is inconsequential. I’ve felt & experienced this in multiple ways. Just to give you an example, I started my boxing training & decided I’ll try and train like a professional boxer. I know I am not going to make boxing my career, but for that one hour I’ll try to train as if I want to become a professional boxer. While, at the same time realising that if I do have a bad training day or if I suck shit at it – all of this doesn’t matter in the long run. Again, it’s about pulling from opposite directions.
I try and apply the same logic when I share something I’ve created on social media. If people don’t like it & I receive criticism, I take it as it & try and learn from it if it makes sense to me. BUT, at the same time I don’t give a fuck about what anyone says & couldn’t care less.
It’s like having the best of both worlds. Feeling one way, but not letting those feelings dictate your actions.