I stumbled upon this article which talks about the book ‘Top 5 Regrets Of The Dying’.
The regrets :
- I wish I hadn’t worked so hard
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I had let myself be happier.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I’d kept in touch with my friends.
In his article Paul Graham cleverly converts these ‘regrets’ into action points. I figured having these in the back of your mind would help.
- Don’t ignore your dreams
- Don’t work too much
- Say what you think
- Cultivate friendships
- Be happy
I immediately felt that I had to take note since these make so much sense, especially right now. Time to put them on the The Top Of My To-Do List!